Sunday 10 August 2014

A weekend of birthday celebrations, food and drink.

Firstly.. a massive Happy Birthday to my lovely mum! Who turned a mystery age this year ( I'm not sure if I'll ever learn her real age).

She was very spoilt over the weekend and we made the most of her birthday weekend going out for drinks and food.


Saturday we went out for lunch with my Nan and Auntie, we then went for drinks in other bars that are in the area. We had lunch in the 'Old Bank' - I opted for a Falafel Salad and it was amazing! I also ordered a side of homemade chunky chips in truffle oil. Has any tried truffle oil? I never had and I really cannot put into words how good it tasted. I was going to take a picture, but I started eating before I remembered..whoops. So here's a picture of the wine we had instead.. haha!



The point of this post was to really tell you about a restaurant we went to on Sunday called 'Colleys Supper Rooms'. It is in Lechlade and I think there maybe some others dotted around the UK but don't hold me to that. It was the first time I had been to this restaurant but a lot of people have raved about it so we all tried it out. They do a 10 course meal on particular days (I definitely feel I need to try this one day). We went on a Sunday so there is a set menu with a few different options to choose from. We had a choice of Pork, Beef, Swordfish or Roasted Heritage Tomato & Basil Tart Tatin for the mains. Now, I'm no food critic but this place is AMAZING.



I don't eat meat so I opted for the Tomato & Basil Tart and it was delicious. There were 6 of us and not one of us could fault our meals. The service is fantastic you don't go without for anything. Before they take your orders they walk around showing you what is on todays menu for you to be able to view before ordering. Literally they were carrying the whole joint of meats around the place. You have 3 courses, starter, main and dessert but get this you can have two desserts. I unfortunately couldn't manage two but I really wish I could. In fact I wish I could have eaten them all.







Everything was just mouth watering good (if thats even a description but I'm going to go with it anyway) Colleys is now one of my new favourite places to go and eat. If anyone is thinking about going...JUST GO and even if you aren't thinking about going..you have to go. No, but seriously, do.

No comments:

Post a Comment