Tuesday 14 October 2014

Procrastination at it's finest - 40 Things I find myself doing whilst trying to study


We've all been there, that dreaded moment you know it's time, it's time to get that project (that was handed to you a few weeks ago) done. You sit there nervously staring at it, having a stare off with the pile of work that has been abandoned in the corner of your room. Eventually you give in and sit there ready to produce some of the best work you've ever done. 

But no, procrastination kicks in and anything seems far more exciting than work so I've compiled a list of my own procrastinating habits. 
  1. Anything but studying
  2. Hugging my laptop begging for mercy
  3. Go on some sort of expedition during the winter season with my dog
  4. Cleaning out my entire makeup collection
  5. Infact, cleaning out my room (you know those days when you have to dedicate an ENTIRE day to do it)
  6. Clean my makeup brushes
  7. Lay on the floor with my dog
  8. Talk to my dog
  9. Get ready with nowhere to actually go
  10. Stare at my books blankly
  11. Read a book that has absolutely nothing to do with what I actually need to read
  12. Find myself watching a backlog of 8 Out of 10 Cats (JIMMY!!)
  13. Nap
  14. Watch Netflix
  15. Eat my own weight in carbs
  16. Ring my bestfriend whinging
  17. Turn up at my bestfriends
  18. Drink wine
  19. SHOTS
  20. End up in a shop buying pointless things you find absolutely ‘necessary’ for your project
  21. Cry
  22. Miaow at my mum around the house
  23. Face plant the pillow
  24. Cocoon myself in a blanket
  25. ONLINE SHOPPING
  26. Paint my nails
  27. End up on bloglovin, stalking other blogs
  28. Instagram
  29. Change my bed sheets (this is the worst chore, I know it’s bad when this happens)
  30. Sing to myself
  31. Walk down to the fridge 
  32. Open and shut it a few times until something appeals to you
  33. End up at a wildlife park
  34. Donate to charity (I ended up with an adopted polar bear)
  35. Cook yourself some 5* meal that you've never been able to produce before #chefvictoria
  36. Roll around aimlessly on the floor
  37. Practice yodelling
  38. Harass whoever is in close enough proximity 
  39. Find a hairbrush and sing into the mirror
  40. Replaying videos of kittens and dogs on YouTube

Let me know what any of you find yourself doing whilst attempting to study. It's always hilarious the lengths some people go to prevent themselves from doing that dreaded coursework.


No comments:

Post a Comment